This directorate is responsible for:
- nursing, midwives and allied health professionals, service and public health issues;
- the Health and Social Care Safety Forum;
- the Centre for Connected Health and Social Care;
- Local Supervising Midwifery Authority.
Through the directorate the PHA provides:
- regional leadership for Personal and Public Involvement;
- regional leadership for quality and safety.
Nursing incorporates midwifery, health visiting, health care assistants and other support staff, while allied health professionals represent dietitians, occupational therapists, orthoptists, physiotherapists, podiatrists, radiographers, and speech and language therapists.
Service improvement underpins our work in the areas of nursing, patient safety and quality, AHP and PPI.