Coronavirus testing for staff in supported living settings
ASYMPTOMATIC COVID-19 TESTING ARRANGEMENTS FOR SUPPORTED LIVING FACILITES (Updated 25 April 2022)
Asymptomatic staff testing (that is testing of staff with no symptoms) continues to be advised for all four supported living thematic groups (older people; disability and mental health; younger people and homelessness) including jointly and non-jointly commissioned schemes. The asymptomatic testing arrangements advised for staff working in the supported living sector will continue to be kept under regular review.
Guidance effective from Monday 25 April 2022
Test Type: LFD Orient Gene nasal only test kits.
LFD testing to be undertaken twice weekly.
LFD tests should be taken 3 to 4 days apart, pre shift. If a member of staff is only working 2 days per week, they should take a LFD test on these days before beginning work.
Residents with symptoms of COVID-19 should take a lateral flow test at the onset of symptoms (day 0) and take a further LFD test 48 hours later (day 2) if the first test is negative.
Staff members who have COVID-19 symptoms should follow the same symptomatic testing protocol as for residents. If symptoms begin at home (off-duty), they should not attend work while awaiting both lateral flow test results. If symptoms begin at work, they should inform their line manager and return home as soon as possible.
From Tuesday 21st June, PCR testing for COVID-19 in an outbreak scenario moved back to Pillar 1. Please contact your local HSC Trust care home team for test kits and support. Letter outlining guidance available here.
All positive tests should continue to be notified to the PHA Health Protection Duty Room on 0300 555 0114.
Step by Step Logistics Process
Supported living providers in Northern Ireland will continue to use Salesforce to order LFD test kits, using the unique organisational identity code which has previously been supplied.
- Unique organisation number: To find out your UON use the online UON look-up page, or call 119.
- Ordering test kits with your UON: Place an order of COVID-19 tests online.
- If you have queries about LFT orders call the National Testing Programme Helpdesk freephone on 119.
- Receive test kits: Please ensure that all kits are stored in line with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Using LFD kits: Check test make and then follow the test instructions when testing. Please note the guides are available in different formats and languages and include easy read and large print versions.
- Report LFD test results: Reporting the result of every LFD test is encouraged, even if it is negative or void.
- Staff members can register LFD tests individually, or managers can register them in bulk using the multiple upload
- Where organisations have a UON, staff should report results using that UON. Providers do not need to retain records of proof of registrations.
- Test Results: All positive tests should continue to be notified to the PHA Health Protection Duty Room on 0300 555 0114.
If you need additional support, please email email@example.com
Privacy information on COVID-19 testing can be found here.