Weekly Coronavirus testing for staff in supported living settings
Staff testing within supported living environments will help protect residents and staff, and is an important part of the national effort to tackle coronavirus.
This information is for regular staff testing through the National Testing Programme where staff have no symptoms present.
Staff are requested to complete a once per week PCR test.
Anyone with new symptoms should self-isolate and book a test in via https://www.publichealth.hscni.net/covid-19-coronavirus/testing-and-tracing-covid-19/testing-covid-19
- Receive Unique organisation number (UON) - share with staff to register (small organisations) Check your Unique Organisation number (UON)
- Request test kits using UON https://request-testing.test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk/
- Collect consent and data from staff.
- Receive kits and distribute to staff. Re order in three weeks’ time. Store test kits in a safe place at room temperature (between 5 and 22 degrees Celsius)
- Test on one day using; post box return for those not at work that day.
- Once staff have completed testing use bulk registration of samples to ensure test results received https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/organisation-testing-registration-record-of-users
- Register test results https://coronavirus-testing-for-organisations.service.gov.uk/register-organisation-tests
- You must book a courier collection in advance: Book collection for coronavirus test kits - GOV.UK (test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk)
- Regular communication with staff about this process and test results
- Continue to report to any symptomatic cases / positive results Health Protection Team at PHA Duty Room on 0300 555 0114
- Watch the how to video: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-taking-swab-samples
- Return your kit to workplace drop off area (as arranged by manager). Share your specimen ID (barcode) with manager for bulk registration via organisation
- Post using priority mail box www.royalmail.com/services-near-you (only to be used for 8 samples of less at a time)
- Register your test kits https://gov.uk/register-organisation-tests
Test samples will be processed and results sent out to the email address and the mobile number provided when kit was registered.
Self-isolate and notify your employer immediately if you receive a positive result. If a staff member tests positive with a PCR test, they should not be tested using PCR for 90 days unless they develop new symptoms.
If you have queries about orders, deliveries, extra or missing test kits, or missing results, you can phone the National Testing Programme Helpdesk freephone on 119. (Open 7am – 11pm, 7 days per week).
An FAQ relating to weekly testing in weekly testing in supported living settings is available here.
See here for a set of infographics including:
- a summary of testing in supported living
- the contents of test kits
- how to take a throat and nasal swab
If you need additional support, please email email@example.com.
Privacy information on COVID-19 testing can be found here.