Asymptomatic testing for the workforce
The Department of Health has further expanded the programme for asymptomatic testing for workforces.
All organisations with 10 or more employees or volunteers, who cannot work from home, can now access the workforce asymptomatic testing programme.
Provision has also been made to enable small businesses and organisations with 10 or less employees to access rapid LFD tests. The range of options will be expanding over the coming weeks but currently includes a LFD Collect service from Local Testing Sites and a Home Delivery service.
Further details of the programme and information on what it means for employers are available on the Department’s website at: www.health-ni.gov.uk/workforce-testing and NI Business Info website at: www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/coronavirus-workplace-covid-19-testing-key-sector-employers.
LFD collect model is available between 3pm and 8pm daily at the following sites:
- Ulster University (Car Park 4), Cromore Road, Coleraine, BT52 1SA
- Magee Ulster University, Northland Road, Londonderry, BT48 7JL
- Ballymena Showgrounds, Slemish Drive, Ballymena, BT43 7DS
- Car Park at Queen’s Sports Club (PEC), Stranmillis Embankment
- Longstone Car Park, Lisburn, BT28 1DD
- Albert Basin/St Christopher Park, William Street, Newry, BT34 2D
- Lisanelly Avenue, Omagh, BT79 7BQ
The Department of Health is currently working with local councils and third sector organisations to expand the availability of community Assisted Testing Sites (ATS) and community collection of tests at a wide range of locations across the region. Further updates will be provided as new facilities come on line.