Consultation on the future of the Lifeline Crisis Intervention Service - NOW CLOSED
Today the Public Health Agency (PHA) is launching a 12-week public consultation on the future of the Lifeline crisis intervention service, which will run until 19 November 2015. Lifeline is the Northern Ireland crisis response helpline service for people who are experiencing distress or despair. The current Lifeline contract was due to end on 31 March 2015, but was extended until 31 December 2015, with the potential of a further extension to 30 September 2016.
The PHA is keen to engage with the public and relevant stakeholders to ensure that the future service specification is appropriately informed. The attached Lifeline Public Consultation Questionnaire provides a description of the proposed new Lifeline crisis intervention service model and outlines the rationale behind this proposal. This should be read in conjunction with the Equality Impact Assessment on the proposed new model, which is also attached.
The PHA wants to hear your views about the proposed model before we move to prepare the final business case and Equality Impact Assessment. The PHA hopes that you will find time to comment on the attached papers by answering the questions contained in the Lifeline Public Consultation questionnaire.
Completed questionnaires must be returned by 1pm on 19 November 2015 by email to email@example.com or by post to:
Health Improvement Officer,
Public Health Agency
Tel: (028) 9536 3454
During this consultation period the PHA will also host a series of workshops to ensure that all stakeholders have the opportunity to input fully. The following workshops have been arranged and other meetings will be considered on request.
- 7 September 10am – 12 noon in the Steeple Room, Antrim Civic Centre, 50 Stiles Way, Antrim, BT41 2UB.
- 7 September 2pm – 4pm in the Chestnut Suite, Island Civic Centre, Lagan Valley Island, Lisburn, Co Antrim, BT27 4RL.
- 10 September 2pm – 4pm in the Conference Room, 1st Floor, Omagh Enterprise Centre, Great Northern Road, Omagh, Co Tyrone, BT78 5LU.
- 14 September 10am – 12 midday in the Bann Room, Farset International, 466 Springfield Rd, Belfast, BT12 7DW.
- 14 September 2pm – 4pm in the Boardroom, Tower Hill, Armagh, Co Armagh, BT61 9DR.
- 15 September 10am – 12 noon in the Baskin Room, Skainos Square, 239 Newtownards Rd, Belfast, BT4 1AF.
- 16 October 10am- 12 noon, in the Boardroom, Gransha Park House, 15 Gransha Park Clooney Road Derry/Londonderry BT47 6FN.
- 21 October 10am-12noon, in the Main Hall, Ballymote Community Centre, 40 Killough Road, Downpatrick, County Down, BT30 6PY.
- 21 October 6pm-8pm,in Belfast in the Gallery, Crescent Arts Centre, 2 – 4 University Road, Belfast, BT7 1NH, from 6pm – 8pm.
To register for one of the above workshops please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Elizabeth McGrath on (028) 9536 3454 advising which workshop you wish to attend.