The HSC Safety Forum was created in 2007 to support HSC organisations as they strive to provide safe, high quality care. The HSC Safety Forum:
- works collaboratively with stakeholders to assist the drive for improvement in safety and quality in Health and Social Care;
- helps service providers build and develop their quality improvement capability in line with internationally recognised theory and practice;
- facilitates engagement between patients, clients, commissioners and service providers in order to promote safety and quality.
The HSC Safety Forum uses a variety of facilitative approaches, which include:
- enhancement of knowledge on safety, quality and improvement science within the HSC system;
- providing exposure to nationally and internationally recognised experts in the field;
- acting as a conduit for the sharing of best practice;
- hosting collaborative working;
- directly supporting improvement initiatives within HSC organisations.
The HSC Safety Forum has headquarters in Lisburn Health Centre.
HSC Safety Forum Public Health Agency Room 5.01, Level 5 Lisburn Health Centre Linenhall Street Lisburn BT28 1LU
Tel: 028 9250 1302
Dr Gavin Lavery, Clinical Director
Dr Jackie McCall, Clinical Lead
Janet Haines-Wood, Regional Patient Safety Advisor
Levette Lamb, Regional Patient Safety Advisor
Dawn Clarke, Office Manager
Aislin Scott, Personal Secretary
Nichola Cullen, Delirium Improvement Project Officer
Dr Ailsa Baker, LAT1 Public Health Medicine