The HSC Safety Forum was created in 2007 to support HSC organisations as they strive to provide safe, high quality care. The HSC Safety Forum:
- works collaboratively with stakeholders to assist the drive for improvement in safety and quality in Health and Social Care;
- helps service providers build and develop their quality improvement capability in line with internationally recognised theory and practice;
- facilitates engagement between patients, clients, commissioners and service providers in order to promote safety and quality.
The HSC Safety Forum uses a variety of facilitative approaches, which include:
- enhancement of knowledge on safety, quality and improvement science within the HSC system;
- providing exposure to nationally and internationally recognised experts in the field;
- acting as a conduit for the sharing of best practice;
- hosting collaborative working;
- directly supporting improvement initiatives within HSC organisations.
The HSC Safety Forum has headquarters in Lisburn Health Centre.
HSC Safety Forum Public Health Agency Room 5.01, Level 5 Lisburn Health Centre Linenhall Street Lisburn BT28 1LU
Tel: 028 9250 1302
Dr Gavin Lavery, Clinical Director
Dr Jackie McCall, Clinical Lead
Janet Haines-Wood, Regional Patient Safety Advisor
Levette Lamb, Regional Patient Safety Advisor
Dawn Clarke, Office Manager
Pat Canning, Personal Secretary