Nursing (AHP) is part of the Nursing and Allied Health Professionals Directorate, led by Mary Hinds.
Pat Cullen is the Assistant Director of Nursing, Safety Quality and Patient Experience.
Areas of responsibility
- Public health, community nursing, primary care, child protection.
- Acute and children’s services, cancer and palliative care, quality and standards.
- Mental health, elderly care, learning disability and physical disability.
- Professional regulation, education, workforce planning and development, research and development activities.
- Providing advice on all matters relating to midwifery services; professional input into the development, monitoring and review of policy with regards to midwifery services; promoting the midwifery agenda in relation to policy, practice and education, and liaising closely with colleagues in developing midwifery services.
- Providing advice on all matters relating to children's services; professional input into the development, monitoring and review of policy with regards to children's services; promoting the agenda for children across Northern Ireland in relation to policy, practice and education, and liaising closely with colleagues in developing children's services.
- Provision of health facility planning/nursing advice on all major capital/Priorities for Action (PfA) schemes in Northern Ireland.
- Business case analysis.
- Healthcare associated infections (HCAIs) in relation to the estate, clinical waste management and management of medical devices.
- Monitoring and investigation of adverse incidents reported to the Northern Ireland Adverse Incident Centre (NIAIC).
- Chair of GAIN Medical Devices Committee.
- Emergency planning.
Regional Lead Nurse Consultant, Mental Health and Learning Disability
Regional Lead Nurse Consultant, Commissioning
Lead Primary Care Nurse
Lead Children’s Nurse
Nurse Consultant, Service Development and Service Improvement (Prescribing)
Safety, Quality and Patient Experience Lead