The PHA’s publications team oversees the development and production of a wide range of high quality electronic and printed support materials for both health professionals and members of the public. The materials – ranging from training materials, campaign materials and scientific research reports, to booklets, information leaflets and posters – are produced to support and promote the various work areas within the PHA.
The publications team works closely with the relevant subject lead and ensures that:
- all materials are well researched and technically accurate;
- all necessary permissions such as copyright are sought;
- text is edited so it adheres to the principles of ‘plain English’;
- text conforms to the PHA’s house style;
- layout and design enhance understanding;
- proofreading is carried out to a high standard;
- the material is accessible to the target audience.
This process is regularly reviewed to ensure a high degree of quality and efficiency is maintained, and appropriate training is organised for staff on the development and production of support materials if required.