Consultation on Personal and Public Involvement strategy
Personal and Public Involvement (PPI) is an integral element of effective commissioning and is underpinned by a core set of values and principles - involving and listening to people in order to help us make services better.
It brings about a number of recognised benefits if fully embraced into our culture and practice, these include:
- Use of service user knowledge and expertise;
- Better priority setting and decision making;
- More responsive, appropriate, efficient and tailored services;
- Transformation and reduction of complaints;
- Increased levels of service satisfaction;
- Increased dignity and self worth.
The Public Health Agency (PHA) and Health and Social Care Board (HSCB) have now developed a joint Personal and Public Involvement (PPI) Strategy after extensive engagement and discussion. The Strategy has been approved by both organisations and is now being formally consulted on during the period 23rd June 2011 to 15th September 2011.
The Strategy is now available for your consideration. We have developed the following documents (please see attachments below):
- Valuing People, Valuing Their Participation. Involving You and Listening to You Consultation Document.
- Valuing People, Valuing Their Participation, Involving You and Listening to You. [An Easy Read version of the Personal and Public Involvement Strategy].
- Valuing People, Valuing Their Participation. [An Equality and Human Rights Screening of the Strategy].
- Key Questions to guide consideration of the Personal and Public Involvement Strategy.
People are encouraged to read the Strategy and to let us have your views. There is a set of Key Questions, but any comments, ideas and or suggestions that you may have, that could support us in our efforts to embed Personal and Public Involvement into our culture and practice, would be most welcome.
Responses should be returned by 4.00pm on Thursday 15th September 2011 to:
Regional PPI Lead
Public Health Agency
Gransha Park House
15 Gransha Park
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: (028) 7186 0086
A more detailed version of the consultation document is avalable by clicking here or contacting Siobhan Carlin, email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 7186 0086.
If you require any of these documents in an alternative format such as Braille, larger print or in another language if you are not fluent in English, please do not hesitate to contact us.
A report of feedback received as part of this consultation can be made available upon request.
Please be aware that the PHA and HSCB are also currently consulting on the Community Development Strategy.
You are invited to consider responding to this consultation as well if appropriate.