Primary care nursing
Primary Care Nursing
The PHA Nursing team provides professional nursing advice and guidance to primary care services by contributing to the corporate nursing and midwifery objectives for the PHA, HSCB, GP practices and Federations
- Provide strategic direction in relation to practice-employed nurses, considering the impact of proposed developments and in response to identified needs and challenges;
- Provide support, advice and guidance to practice-employed nurses, their employers, Federations and other statutory organisations on all aspects of practice nursing;
- Facilitate learning and development opportunities for all practice-employed nurses to enable sharing of best practice.
- Develop robust regional communication networks with primary care colleagues
- Support learning and development and facilitate appropriate training opportunities;
- Develop clinical and professional standards and guidelines for practice nurses;
- Develop systems and processes to help practice nurses effectively discharge professional and regulatory responsibilities, e.g. revalidation, appraisal and supervision systems;
- Review skill mix and support the safe development of the healthcare assistant (HCA) role and function;
- Ensure health and social wellbeing, health improvement and health protection remain key priorities.
Now and the Future: A General Practice Nursing Framework for Northern Ireland - http://www.publichealth.hscni.net/publications/now-and-future-general-practice-nursing-framework-northern-ireland
Northern Ireland General Practice Nursing Workforce Survey Report 2016
Primary Care Intranet - http://primarycare.hscni.net/general-medical-services-gms/nursing/