During adverse weather many people can experience a range of situations associated with the extreme weather such as cold and freezing temperatures, no electricity or mains water and flooding. The Public Health Agency (PHA) has compiled public health information to assist the public in these situations.
- Support networks for those affected by the adverse weather
- Keeping warm during adverse weather
- Looking after vulnerable and elderly neighbours
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Advice if flooding occurs
- Using emergency water supplies
- Water advice following restoration
Severe weather warnings
The Met Office's severe weather warning page provides up-to-date information about weather that is likely to cause disruption.
If you are considering embarking on a journey during bad weather, you should consult the Met Office for travel conditions. If you must drive during severe weather, make sure you are prepared for bad weather conditions.
For further advice see: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/be-ready-for-emergencies