The Public Health Agency (PHA) was established in April 2009 as part of the reforms to Health and Social Care (HSC) in Northern Ireland. We are the major regional organisation for health protection and health and social wellbeing improvement. Our role also commits us to addressing the causes and associated inequalities of preventable ill-health and lack of wellbeing. We are a multi-disciplinary, multi-professional body with a strong regional and local presence.
In fulfilling our mandate to protect public health, improve public health and social wellbeing, and reduce inequalities in health and social wellbeing, the PHA works within an operational framework of three areas: Public Health, Nursing and Allied Health Professionals, and Operations. Our corporate and business plans reflect these arrangements and our purpose as an organisation.
- Health Protection
- Health and Social Wellbeing Improvement
- Service Development and Screening
- HSC Research and Development
- Allied Health Professions and Personal and Public Involvement
- Centre for Connected Health
- HSC Safety Forum
The Public Health Agency (PHA) is launching a new mass media campaign today to raise awareness of the symptoms of COVID-19, the importance of testing and the role contact tracing can play in limiting the spread of infection. This comes as Northern
This leaflet outlines how testing and contact tracing can help to break the chain of transmission of coronavirus to reduce the risk of a second wave of infection. It provides a step-by-step infographic guide to explain what you should do if you have
Dr Janice Bailie, Assistant Director, R&D Division, PHA As of 2 July 2020, the SARS-CoV2 pandemic has topped 10 million cases worldwide and claimed over half a million lives. The immune systems of the global community were naïve to this new pathogen
- Applications are welcomed from statutory and non-statutory sector to join the Belfast Protect Life Implementation Group (BPLIG). This is an opportunity to contribute at a strategic level in the Belfast area to the implementation of the Protect Life 2