Guidance for healthcare professionals, carers and care homes
- COVID-19 infection prevention and control guidance can be found here.
- Guidance for General Dental Practitioners can be found here.
- Guidance for Homeless Providers in Northern Ireland can be found here.
- Guidance for Domiciliary Care Providers can be found here.
- Guidance for Adoption Services can be found here.
- Guidance on visiting hospitals and care settings can be found here.
- Standard operating procedure (SOP) for Health and Social Care staff car sharing for essential practice can be found here.
- Guidance for Nursing and Residential Care Homes can be found here.
- Regional nutrition guidance for care home residents with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 can be found here.
- Advice for staff in care homes on eating, drinking and swallowing during COVID-19 can be found here.
- Guidance for visiting in care settings in Northern Ireland can be found here.
- Guidelines for bank and agency staff working in healthcare settings, including hospitals, community settings and care homes can be found here.
- Advice for care home staff to help communication with clients during the pandemic can be found here.
- Guidance for carers and care home staff on the wide range of symptoms which can be associated with COVID-19 can be found here.
- Care home information leaflets are available on care partners and visiting. Information about care partners is available in a video on Vimeo and YouTube. Care partner testing guidance is available here.
- Key principles for HSC Trust staff visiting community settings can be found here.
- A flowchart describing the return to work for symptomatic workers following a test for COVID-19 is available here.
- A flowchart describing the return to work for an asymptomatic worker following a test for COVID-19 is available here.
- A learning letter for care homes and day care settings is available here.
- A poster designed to remind staff in care homes of the need to continue following precautions against spreading COVID-19, even after they have been vaccinated, is available here.
- Guidance for HSC staff visiting educational settings is available here.
- Guidance for supported living providers is available here.
Verification of life extinct in nursing or residential care homes
The Chief Nursing Officer and Chief Medical Offer recently requested assistance with expanding the role of verification of life extinct by nurses. In support of this, the PHA have produced a series of ‘Frequently asked questions’ and a draft ‘Verification of Life Extinct (VLE) in a Nursing or Residential Care Home Policy’ to enable care home providers to produce their own policy
- You can download these documents here.
Swabbing for COVID-19
- Guidance on swabbing for COVID-19 in care homes and supported living centres is available here.
This video provides guidance for professionals who need to perform a swab test to COVID-19.
Guidance has been produced to support HSC and care home staff in dealing with grief and bereavement during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A guide for care homes to supporting staff, residents and their families is available here.
- Advice for staff who have experienced the death of a colleague is available here.
- Bereavement resources for the general public are available here.